Our expertise in hospitality combined with our Lumina Intelligence’s Menu Tracker, which contains over 500,000 menu items, additionally with consumer insight from our Eating and Drinking Panel which consists of over 78,000 consumer interviews per year. This has allowed us to deliver a definitive report covering the latest menu & food trends within the 2020 foodservice market in the UK.
The report analyses Spring/Summer 2020 menus and how they have been adapted in the face of coronavirus and considers menu engineering techniques that operators have implemented. The report also provides an overview of key food & drink trends for 2020 and future growth opportunities. This includes an in-depth review of the key mega trends including indulgence, healthier eating and sustainability.
How to use the report?
- Identify emerging menu & food trends set to grow in the future
- Compare your strategy with the rest of the market in particular successful adaptions that have come from the pandemic
- Align your food and drink offering to current and emerging consumer preferences
- Optimise your pricing strategy
- Augment the appeal of your menu via skilful menu phrasing and dish labelling
- Get inspiration from successful operators
- Gather quantitative evidence of emerging trends to support NPD
Lifestyle & Mega Trends
Lumina Intelligence’s UK Eating Out Panel tracks the behaviour of 6,000 nationally representative
consumers each month, building up to a sample of 72,000 every year, across all eating out channels and dayparts (including snacking)
A cross-channel data solution spanning in and out of home. Monitors and measures how consumers
purchase their food and drink at all meal occasions and across all channels 1,000 respondents per
Lumina Intelligence’s Lumina Intelligence’s Menu Tracker tool tracking menu data from +150 operators across the Eating Out market
Managed pub/bar operator menus analysed in the report Spring/Summer 2018-2020.
Lumina Intelligence Hospitality Leaders Survey – conducted in partnership with MCA News, Big Hospitality and the Morning Advertiser.
A weekly poll asking topical questions around business.
Lumina Intelligence Top of Mind business leaders survey – targeted at industry professionals across the eating out and
grocery retail markets, to understand the trading environment, challenges and growth opportunities.