This report will explore the opportunity for suppliers and retailers to win in the On Demand Convenience channel, a relatively new route to market which includes delivery from convenience stores (both direct and via partnerships) and direct to consumer solutions – such as recipe boxes from the likes of Gousto and HelloFresh. Home delivery is here to stay, with the coronavirus pandemic being the catalyst for significant growth in this newly formed retail channel.
This unique report draws on Lumina Intelligence Channel Pulse data – our weekly measure of shopper and consumer behaviour across all UK food and drink channels; together with a bespoke study to understand more about on demand convenience delivery solutions specifically, including the triggers and barriers to using such services.
The report combines intelligence on external factors – including a detailed timeline of events within the delivery channel – with Lumina Intelligence consumer and shopper data to understand how behaviour towards the channel has evolved over recent times and how the coronavirus pandemic will impact it in the foreseeable future. Understand the operators and retailers that are leading the way and the key needs and requirements of consumers, including their future intentions towards the UK on-demand convenience channel.
HOW TO USE THE REPORT
- Quantify the size and growth of the on demand convenience channel as a potential threat/ opportunity
- Fully understand the competitive landscape and developments in these newer and niche routes to market – what can you learn and apply?
- How are consumers engaging with the ODC channel? What is the uptake of your category?
- What are the barriers for non-users and are there opportunities for your products/categories in this channel?
- Understand where this channel is heading and how you should invest your resources & plan for the future
- What does best in class look like? How is this different for on demand convenience vs. grocery delivery?
Timeline Of Events Within The Delivery Channel
- Which retailers and operators lead the way across supermarket delivery, convenience delivery partnerships, direct to consumer solutions and recipe boxes?
Consumer Attitudes And Perceptions
- What drives consumers to use grocery delivery?
- What are the main barriers to using it?
- How aware are consumers of the different channels available?
- How open are they to using each of the different options within the channel? Consumer behaviour metrics
- What is the UK penetration of the on-demand convenience channel?
- How often do consumers place orders through on demand convenience channels?
- Which missions are consumers using on-demand convenience for?
- How do different demographics impact behaviour towards the on-demand convenience channel?
- Which categories do consumers purchase most often?
A Focus On Recipe Boxes
- What is the customer profile for recipe box users?
- Which recipe box operators do consumers use?
- Which products are most popular?
- Why do consumers order recipe boxes?
- Shining a spotlight on best-in-class examples of convenience store delivery partnerships, delivery direct from independent convenience stores and direct to consumer solutions.
- What are consumers’ future intentions towards different on-demand convenience channels?
- What is next for the on-demand convenience channel?
Lumina Intelligence Channel Pulse data – our weekly measure of shopper and consumer behaviour across all UK food and drink channels – including grocery delivery from supermarkets, recipe boxes etc.
- A bespoke survey to understand more about convenience delivery solutions specifically – triggers and barriers to using such services
- Our flagship Consumer Tracking Programme of over 20,000 shopper interviews for data for comparisons vs. in-store purchasing