The sudden shift from a highly transient, on-the-go society, to one with restrictions placed on movement, has had a catastrophic impact on the UK food to go market in 2020. However, with the roadmap to recovery outlined, retailers and operators can start to plan and get ready for the much hoped for bounce back of the sector. The very nature of food to go, whereby it is not consumed on-premise and is relatively inexpensive, makes it well insulated for a swift recovery as the market reopens and travel resumes.
The Lumina Intelligence Food to Go Market Report 2021 is the definitive report on the sector, covering food to go sold in both retail and foodservice. This forward-looking report includes market forecasts out to 2024, as well as consumer insight from Lumina Intelligence Eating and Drinking Out Panel, which covers grab and go, takeaway, delivery and dine-in (when available). You’ll also get three further updates of this information included in the price of the report. We also share consumer sentiment about the role of food to go in the context of increased home working.
Critical reading for operators and suppliers alike, we unpick the effect of the pandemic, greater home working and reduced travel and consider what the impact will be once the industry re-opens. We will also consider the increased role of technology and delivery services and what this means for the future of food to go, as well as the opportunity for ‘food to go home’.
The report includes consumer insight from Lumina Intelligence Eating and Drinking Out Panel. You’ll also receive three further updates of this information included in the price of the report.
- What is the value of the market?
- How does that differ by sub-channel?
- What is food to go’s share of the total eating out market?
- What is driving any changes?
- Who are the top ten players in the FTG market?
- How have they performed?
- Who are the key players by sub-channel?
- How did FTG operators respond to the coronavirus pandemic?
- How are consumer trends changing and how has this been impacted by coronavirus?
- Who is the food to go consumer?
- Why do they buy FTG?
- Where is food to go purchased and where is it consumed?
- The food to ‘go home’ opportunity
- What are consumers’ intentions around home working in the future?
- How could this impact the market?
- How will the FTG sector evolve in the next three years?
- What are the Lumina Intelligence growth forecasts to 2024?
- How does this vary by sub-channel?
- How will food to go bounce back from the 2020 decline?
- What will be the key factors to shape future market growth?
Consumer eating out behaviour across all UK eating and drinking out channels through the Lumina Intelligence Eating & Drinking Out Panel, based on 78,000 interviews each year
- Consumer attitudes and future intentions based on a bespoke survey (n=1000 nat rep)
- Operator sales and outlet performance from Lumina Intelligence’s Operator Data Index
- Business Leaders perspectives from Lumina Intelligence Top of Mind business leaders survey and Hospitality Leaders Poll
- Supported by commentary/soundbites from senior business leaders from within the sector