The UK convenience market has been best positioned to and excelled at supporting local communities. However, once restrictions are eased and we move into ‘adjusted normality’, how will shopper behaviour evolve? Can convenience retail maintain high footfall and continue to drive loyalty?
The UK convenience sector has been a shining light to local communities during the coronavirus pandemic, with shoppers staying local for their grocery needs. But, will this continue, as we move out of lockdown into ‘adjusted normality’?
The UK Convenience Market Report 2020 gives a comprehensive overview of the market, including detailed market sizing, analysis of the competitive landscape and shopper metrics for FY 2019.
The report also includes a dedicated coronavirus section to show its impact on the convenience market and the channels that shoppers have turned to during lockdown. A further update to the report will be available in September which will provide updated forecasts for FY 2020 and beyond.
What this report tells you:
- Quantification of the impact of coronavirus on the value of the UK convenience channel
- Market sizing for the total Convenience channel and key sub-channels (FY 2019 and 2020); market growth drivers and inhibitors; outlet numbers
- Convenience market forecasts for 2020 – 2023
- Market developments and news – a roundup of the biggest events to impact the convenience channel over the last 12 months
- Competitive landscape – ranking of leading convenience retailers and profiles of top ten brands
- Shopper Insight – key metrics for the Convenience shopper including behaviours, missions and needs and how these have changed through the pandemic
- Future outlook for the channel – a review of the last 1
Market Development and News A look back at the biggest news events from the last year, including consolidation, competition and legislation. This section provides wider industry context necessary to succeed in convenience.
Understand the size of the UK convenience retail market and the channels that underpin it. Compare the value with the number of outlets.
Identify the top 10 players in the UK convenience channel, with information on revenue, outlet numbers and other trended metrics.
A summary of the key findings from our CTP 2019 shopper data. Understand the behaviours, patterns and attitudes of over 20,000 UK shoppers, including data on demographics, missions, and shopping habits vs. previous years.
The Impact Of Coronavirus
A timeline of key events throughout the period and how it has impacted the behaviours of consumers towards the convenience channel. How has shopper behaviour changed precoronavirus vs peak-coronavirus quarantine? What will ‘adjusted normaility look like and how can you best prepare for this?
Identify the c-store trends that retailers and suppliers can use to get ahead over the next 12 months? Looking at the trends from the Future of Convenience and also our Top of Mind Report.
- 20,000 face-to-face surveys across the year from Lumina Intelligence’s established Convenience Tracking Programme.
- Insights from Lumina Intelligence’s Channel Pulse survey – 1,000 weekly consumer interviews.