Discounters are increasing shopper penetration faster than any other channel and are a key focus area for retail executives (Lumina Intelligence Top of Mind Survey 2019).
Taking a focused look at Aldi and Lidl shoppers in particular, this report surveys over 6,000 shoppers to gain the clearest picture of these discounter customers and how they compare to other shoppers. What drives these shoppers to store, how do their behaviours differ when they are in store, and how does this impact the individual products that they buy?
What this report tells you:
- News & Market Context
- Channel Penetration
- Who is the discounter shopper?
- Shopping behaviour: pre shop & in store
- Focus on the top 3 discounter missions
- Category spotlights
- WHO IS THE DISCOUNTER SHOPPER?
- SHOPPING BEHAVIOURS
- PRE SHOP
- FOCUS ON THE TOP 3 DISCOUNTER MISSIONS
- CATEGORY SPOTLIGHTS
- NEWS & MARKET CONTEXT
- CHANNEL PENETRATION
- Online interviews with a discounter, high street and supermarket shoppers
- Nationally representative UK sample of 6,031
- Shopped in the store in the last 2 days for accurate recall