Despite months of restrictions in the early part of 2021, the UK eating out market is forecast to recover to 70% of its 2019 market value by the end of this year. What are the challenges and opportunities for operators and suppliers on the horizon? With eating out the second most missed activity during the pandemic, how can operators and suppliers ensure they are best placed for a swift recovery?
The Lumina Intelligence UK Eating Out Report 2021 is the trusted source of insight for UK leading manufacturers and operators.
This definitive report quantifies the size and growth of the channel and market forecasts out to 2024, with a detailed look at growth drivers and potential inhibitors.
The report also includes consumer insight from Lumina Intelligence Eating and Drinking Out Panel. You’ll also receive three further updates of this information included in the price of the report.
HOW TO USE THE REPORT
- Quantify the size and growth of the eating out market to benchmark your own performance
- Fully understand the competitive landscape with our extensive review – what can you learn and apply?
- Align your channel strategy to the trends in the market – understand where best to invest your time, people and money
- How have consumers responded to coronavirus and not being able to eat out?
- Do trends in the market align to proposed areas of investment?
- What could recovery of the sector look like? What trends will be important in 2021?
- Get under the skin of the eating out consumer to better meet their current and future needs.
- What is the value of the market?
- How does this vary by channel?
- How is the market evolving?
- What is forecasted for 2021?
- What is driving these changes?
- An overview of the competitive landscape including physical expansion, financial performance and market positioning analysis.
- What are the current attitudes of consumers towards eating out?
- How have these attitudes changed over time
- What impact has coronavirus had on the future intentions of consumers towards eating out?
- How are consumer demands evolving?
- Which channels are most popular with consumers?
- How often do they eat out?
- How much do they spend?
- Why do consumers choose to eat out?
- What are the barriers preventing consumers from eating out more frequently?
Core consumer insight using Lumina Intelligence’s Eating & Drinking Out Panel will be updated three times on a quarterly basis – looking at participation, frequency, spend, channels, brands, missions, needs, KPI’s
- What are the drivers for eating out?
- What are the inhibitors?
- What is the economic outlook?
- How will market recovery look from 2021F-2024F?
- What is the size of the prize for the leading channels?
Consumer eating out behaviour data based on 78,000 surveys across the year from Lumina Intelligence’s Eating & Drinking Out Panel.
- Extracts from Lumina Intelligence Operator Data Index and synthesis with wider market sizing databases.
- A bespoke consumer survey analysing attitudes towards eating out and what the impact of the coronavirus will be on future intentions to eat out
- Desk research: news articles and trade press, company websites and industry associations.