The Lumina Intelligence Grocery Data Index provides authoritative market sizing data that tracks the performance of operators across the UK grocery retail market. The report provides market rankings based on retailer turnover and outlet numbers and segmented by sub-channels for convenience, forecourts and supermarkets. Retailers and suppliers should use this report to support their channel strategies. Retailers can benchmark themselves against competitors within their channel and suppliers can use this data for prioritisation of customers.
- Convenience Multiples
- Co-operative Societies
- Symbol groups
- Unaffiliated independents
- Multiple grocers/Co-ops
- Oil company owned
- Independent dealers
- Multiple grocers/discounters
- Independent supermarkets
- Data collected directly from retailers/operators in partnership with The Grocer, Forecourt Trader and Conveniencestore.co.uk.
- Forecourt figures provided by Experian Catalyst
- Turnover estimates based on reported sales taken from annual company reports where available.
- Independent retailers average weekly sales estimated through competitor benchmarks, location strategy, average store size, proposition make-up/focus (e.g. focus on fresh & chilled) and market positionings