In 2019, the UK pub market was worth nearly £23bn, but the impact of coronavirus, and the measures imposed has left the sector at around half of this value in 2020. However, the UK’s love of pubs has not diminished and opportunities for growth still exist for those operators that show flexibility and innovation.
The Lumina Intelligence Pub Market Report 2020 is a comprehensive overview of the pub market in the UK, including detailed market sizing, competitive landscape and consumer metrics. Our robust methodology, combining multiple established and trusted data sources, makes this report a holistic source of intelligence on the sector for suppliers, operators and investors. This report is focussed on the key trends in the market, as identified by the operators we speak to, hospitality journalist colleagues from across William Reed and supported by what consumers are telling us about their future intentions. A forward-looking view, with forecasts to 2023, the report provides a timeline for recovery and highlights the key challenges and opportunities.
HOW TO USE THE REPORT
- Quantify the size and growth of the pub market to benchmark your own performance
- Fully understand the competitive landscape with our extensive review – what can you learn and apply?
- Align your channel strategy to the trends in the market – understand where best to invest your time, people and money
- How have consumers responded to coronavirus and not being able to eat and drink out of home?
- Do trends in the market align to proposed areas of investment?
- What will recovery of the sector look like? What opportunities will this bring for 2021?
- Get under the skin of the pub consumer to better meet their current and future needs.
- A comprehensive overview of the pub market landscape and key sub-sectors
- Market sizing and growth numbers
- A view of the pub market vs the total UK eating out market
- Key drivers and inhibitors for the UK pub market Competitor landscape
- Detailed analysis of leading pub groups
- Market developments and M&A activity
- Pub brand rankings based on turnover and outlets
- Emerging players to the pub market
- Pub brand analysis across each segment of the market
- Product and price analysis of pub brand menus using Lumina Intelligence Menu Tracker analysis tool to understand changes in dish counts, core components of dishes, meeting dietary requirements, NPD and pricing.
- Key consumer metrics measured over time:
- Dietary needs
- Consumer satisfaction
- Focusing on the coronavirus pandemic, what are consumer attitudes towards the UK pub market and how have they changed
- Growth forecasts to 2023
- A view on the recovery of the UK pub market
- Views of industry influencers
72,000 online surveys (6,000 per month) through Lumina Intelliegence’s Eating Out PanelTM.
- Insights from Lumina Intelligence’s Channel Pulse survey – 1,000 weekly consumer interviews.
- Menu insight from Lumina Intelligence Menu Tracker – a database of over half a million menu items from over 150 eating out brands
- Operator performance for 700+ leading hospitality operators from Lumina Intelligence Operator Data Index
- The findings from a detailed bespoke operator survey of 100+ pub operators
Lumina Intelligence reports are written and managed by experienced analysts and researchers. Meet the team.