The Lumina Intelligence Pubs & Bars Market Report 2021 is a comprehensive overview of the pub market in the UK, including detailed market sizing, competitive landscape and consumer metrics. Our robust methodology, combining multiple established and trusted data sources, makes this report a holistic source of intelligence on the sector for suppliers, operators and investors.
Now including detailed insight and data on drinks only occasions within pubs and bars, this report gives a forward-looking view, with forecasts to 2024, as well as a timeline for recovery and highlights the key challenges and opportunities.
HOW TO USE THE REPORT
- Quantify the size and growth of the pub market to benchmark your own performance
- Fully understand the competitive landscape with our extensive review – what can you learn and apply?
- Align your channel strategy to the trends in the market – understand where best to invest your time, people and money
- How have consumers responded to coronavirus restrictions easing?
- Do trends in the market align to proposed areas of investment?
- What will recovery of the sector look like? What opportunities will this bring for 2022?
- Get under the skin of the pub consumer to better meet their current and future needs.
- An overview of the UK Pubs & Bars market by outlets and turnover, with growth from 2016-2021F
- A breakdown of the market by sub-channel, including managed, tenanted, and independent pubs with growth from 2016-2021F
- The benefits and challenges of different pub models
- Key market drivers and inhibitors in 2021F
- Key factors impacting the pub market including, coronavirus, Brexit and business rates
- Leading pub group developments including M&A activity, 2020-2021
- Key trends and initiatives among pub groups and brands
- Leading pub groups by turnover
- Leading pub groups by outlets
- Top 10 smaller pub groups by outlets
- Top 20 pub brands by outlets
- Pub brand market positioning and business model analysis
- Key consumer metrics including spend, frequency, and penetration
- Pub channel share of day-parts
- Demographic profile of pub visitors
- Key missions and needs in pubs
- Deep dive into drinks-only occasions in pubs including drivers to venue, drink type consumed, average spend
- Leading food choices at pubs
- Spring/Summer 2021 menu analysis back to 2019
- Average dish counts overall, by course and by brand
- Core component of main dish analysis
- Dietary requirement analysis
- New product development analysis
- Pub menu price analysis Future outlook
- Future market growth figures from 2021F-2024F
- Wider economic barometers including GDP forecasts
- Recovery growth drivers and inhibitors
- Growing pub models
- Emerging opportunities including sports, work- places, sustainability, delivery
78,000 online surveys (1,500 per week) through Lumina Intelliegence’s Eating & Drinking Out Panel.
- Insights from Lumina Intelligence’s Channel Pulse survey – 1,000 weekly consumer interviews.
- Menu insight from Lumina Intelligence Menu Tracker – a database of over half a million menu items from over 150 eating out brands
- Operator performance for 700+ leading hospitality operators from Lumina Intelligence Operator Data Index