The UK restaurant market has experienced another turbulent year in 2021, with 2022 starting with similar uncertainty. With covidcases rising, operators have been hit with staff shortage, booking cancellations and product shortages. Staying ahead of the market and consumer trends impacting the market has never been more critical to success, with those operators adapting and innovating their offer accordingly best placed.
The Lumina Intelligence Restaurant Market Report 2021/22 is the definitive report for the UK restaurant industry. Comprising of detailed market, competitor, consumer and future insight, this report provides context on the future of the UK restaurant market.
The report offers robust market projections, benchmarks leading operators on outlets and turnover and analyses the post-pandemic behaviour of consumers, as well as attitudes and behaviour towards foodservice delivery.
- An overview of the restaurant market landscape and key sub-sectors, including market sizing and
growth (benchmarked vs total eating out market)
- Full review of economic and consumer spending data
- 2022 Restaurant market recovery expectations, including growth drivers and inhibitors
- What can suppliers do to help operators, what can operators do to succeed?
- Detailed analysis of leading restaurant brands by outlets and turnover, including 2022 forecasts
- Which operators are forecast to lead outlet growth in 2022 and why?
- Which operators are forecast to lead turnover growth in 2022 and why?
- Which operators lead in terms of average weekly sales and why?
- Trends in action: key trends to watch and best-inclass examples of them in action
- Comprehensive consumer analysis, including:
- Consumer demographics
- Where consumers go to ‘eat out’
- Why they choose a specific outlet
- How often they ‘eat out’
- What they purchase
- Barriers to purchasing
- Dine in vs delivery consumer comparisons
- Consumer ordering preferences
- Consumer attitudes towards pandemic-led restaurant changes i.e. outdoor dining, smaller menus, bookings etc.
- Consumer attitudes and intentions towards
- Omnichannel opportunities i.e. do they find restaurant branded products in retail appealing?
Product and price
- Menu composition and engineering analysis:
Spring/Summer 2021 vs 2020 and 2019
- Future market numbers from 2022F-2025F
- Market inhibitors and growth drivers
- Concepts to watch in 2022 and beyond
- Consumer eating out behaviour: based on 78,000 surveys across the year from Lumina Intelligence’s Eating & Drinking Out Panel
- Consumer attitudes and future intentions based on a bespoke survey
- Menu insight from Lumina Intelligence Menu Tracker
- Operator performance for 140 leading branded restaurant operators from Lumina Intelligence Operator Data Index
- Business Leaders perspectives from Lumina Intelligence Top of Mind business leaders survey and Hospitality Leaders Poll
- Pizza Express
- Rosa’s Thai
- The Ivy Grills & Brasseries
- Miller & Carter
- Frankie & Benny’s
- Frankie & Benny’s
- Pizza Pilgrims
- The Real Greek
- Giggling Squid
- Bar + Block Steakhouse
- Meat Liquor
- Comptoir Lebanese
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen
- Gipsy Hill Brewing Company
- Marugame Udon
- Murray and Croft
- Las Iguanas
- Franco Manca
- Too Good To Go